Individual artists or art groups may apply for the funding of specific projects, or supplies which will enable further growth, or education in the visual, performing, and literary arts. Grants range in size from $250 - $5,000 per project. The Woodlands Arts Council reserves the right to partially fund these endeavors.
Applicants must be:
● 18 or older and
● A resident of Montgomery County and neighboring communities or seeking a grant for a project impacting residents of Montgomery County, and
● An artist working in any media within visual or performing arts.
● Submission of a completed project application by October 5, 2022, that details the project, what resources or experience you plan to offer with a projected budget. The Arts Council expects to offer a single deadline during the 2022-23 fiscal year, but may offer additional application timelines in future years.
● Projects and programs must be art or art oriented and can be applied to general expenses associated with artistic practice, including, but not limited to studio rental, production costs, exhibition related expenses or supplies, or other materials needed to complete an arts project. Funds will NOT be awarded for the following: fundraising initiatives, for-profit events, medical expenses, deficit reduction, capital improvements, political or sectarian activities or for organizations that prohibit accessibility, or scholarships or tuition to institutions of higher education.
● Recipients will be required to submit a final report within 30 days of completion describing the impact of the project within the calendar year awarded.
● Artists may submit only one grant application per granting year. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Proposals will be reviewed within 60 days of the submission deadline. Funding recommendations to the TWAC Board of Directors will be based on:
● Artistic quality
● Goals & expected results of the proposed project
● Accuracy and completeness of application
Artist grant applicants may be contacted with additional questions or requests for interviews with the grants review committee. The TWAC Board of Directors will make final decisions concerning funding. Grant recipients may be requested to sign paperwork regarding the recipient’s creation and ownership of the project and any images and or intellectual property associated with the project; as well as publicity/photo/website/social media releases authorizing TWAC to use images of the artist and the work in future print and digital information as TWAC may choose.
For any questions regarding this application please reach out to email@example.com
with MICROGRANT in the subject line.