The Event & Administrative Coordinator will be an independent contractor reporting to the Executive Director and will have responsibility for supporting The Woodlands Arts Council and its nationally recognized large-scale festival (consistently top ten ranking on National/State levels and 15-18,000 attendees), including its planning, operations, and execution.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Schedule meetings, streamline processes and manage digital & web content implementation in coordination with the marketing committee.
- Assists with the flow of communication with artists, donors, sponsors, and committees through misc software programs, G Suite, Clickup, and Dropbox.
- Documentation and preparations for:
- Board reports
- Newsletters/meetings/agendas/letters/filing/reports & festival notebooks/research vendors /Constant Contact database
- Attendance and note-taking at select Committee meetings.
- Actively participate in creating and maintaining communication/task organization in software.
- Website maintenance, SEO and updates as needed in Saffire Software.
- Assist board committee chairs as needed and for other events including Student Art Scholarships, Early Inspiration Gallery, Public Art Bench tours and other BAM programmed events
- Manages and maintains Board of Directors files.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all staff & Board members.
- Pre-event preparation to include timelines and checklists.
- Monitoring festival ticketing software, training box office manager, and recruit and train gate ticket sellers. Prepares ‘informational’ materials for gates and volunteers.
- Supports the ED and Festival Team throughout the event weekend by preparing internal materials, reports and handling ticket requests & questions from VIPs.
- Help with organizing, inventory, packing, and storage for POD and storage unit
- Oversee HELP Desk/Will Call and gate management for the festival.
- Final report assistance for festival and sponsor recap in collaboration with marketing mgr and ED
- Assist in developing current and new project plans that work within the approved budget.
- Update risk management plans and provide input into marketing and fundraising plans;
- Liaison with customers, community partners and leaders, and public officials; ensuring the safety and security of event attendees, artists, and staff;
- Support and oversight of operations and production including artists, food, & beverage, volunteers.
- Assure all records and documents are obtained and/or maintained, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and permitting, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required
- College course work preferred
- At least five (5) years of related experience providing administrative and project support in the event or nonprofit sector.
- Strong written, verbal, technological, and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize.
- Experience with event planning and execution.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with an understanding of prioritization of workload and a sense of urgency in performing tasks and executing deliverables.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google applications and can learn other web-based applications and programs.
- Able to collect and organize data.
- Able to interact effectively with senior management, board members, donors, and maintain the utmost professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly.
- Must be able to anticipate, to a degree, the administrative needs of the Executive Director.
Send a response to firstname.lastname@example.org with ADMIN POSITION in the subject line with your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for this job. We would like to interview select candidates in mid-August with a start date of September 1st.
The opportunity will close on August 3, 2021