RULES and REGULATIONS
By applying to The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, the artist agrees to adhere and abide by all the following rules listed here and the terms in the legal agreement.
1. Image Usage: Accepted artist agrees that The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival may use submitted jury images for website, promotional or publicity purposes.
2. Artists must be present with their work for the entire two (2) days of The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. Please do not apply to this show unless BOTH the Artist and the Collaborator, as listed in your ZAPPlication profile, can and will attend all days of the Festival. The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival requires photo identification (including collaborator) at check-in to ensure compliance. The Festival reserves the right to check ID each day of the Festival.
3. Accepted artists may not exhibit in other art festivals during the dates of The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, (April 9 & 10, 2022).
4. All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
5. It is the artist’s responsibility to identify the category for which they would like to be juried. Please choose the category which best describes your work. If you do not choose a category (medium) your application will not be processed.
6. Artists may show only work in categories and body of work selected by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category, and body of work that is shown in the images juried.
7. Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist. Your exhibited art must be original and your own creation. No use of commercial kits or molds.
8. Exhibiting artists are required to display their booth number sign (distributed at check-in) in a prominent place on the front of the booth in accordance with our Emergency Response Plan.
9. 75% of all two-dimensional work displayed must be original. Artists must define reproduction or limited edition throughout their artist’s statement and disclose this information on the individual piece. T-shirts, postcards, note cards, mouse pads, or other personal promotional items are not permitted.
10. Artists who break down displays, who are “no-show” before the opening of the Festival, or who depart before closing time on any day of the Festival will not be allowed to return the following day or to future shows unless proof of an emergency is presented.
12. No commission on sales will be paid to The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
13. All artist tent structures must be white and commercial or professional quality. Due to high wind concerns, lightweight accordion-style pop-up tents are not acceptable. Tents must be weighted properly to ensure safety for you the artist, the artists next to you, and our patrons. The artist(s) assumes liability if their tent is not properly weighted. Tent rentals are available. No outside rentals or staking of tents. Weights and water barrels only. Please be prepared with extra weights which may be necessary due to possible strong winds.
14. No driving on the grass or landscaping beds. All vehicles must stay on the pathway.
15. Artist is responsible for insurance and protection of work during setup and the show. The festival will not be responsible for damage to work or setup due to weather or unrelated incidents.
16. Any breach of the rules forfeits all rights of the artist and will result in immediate removal from the show without a refund.
17. Booth Fee Refund Policy: With documented reasons for cancellation, The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival will offer refunds if cancellation is received by midnight CST of March 1, 2021. Refunds will be equal to “Total of Purchases” minus $75 processing fee. Refunds are issued by check and will be mailed to the artist's address provided in ZAPPlication. All refund requests must be submitted by email to email@example.com, with a brief explanation for the cancellation.
18. No Show Policy: Artists who have not checked in and/or called Artists Relations emergency phone number and/or emailed firstname.lastname@example.org (Emergency Phone will be provided in Artist confirmation materials) will be considered a “no-show,” by Friday, April 8, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CST. No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
19. Best of Show artists invited to return without being juried must apply by deadline (December 30, 2022) with the coupon code. Code will be emailed to award winners.
20. If WWAF is required for reasons beyond its control to postpone, shorten or cancel, no artist shall have any right or claim for any damages whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any other kind, arising or alleged to arise by reason of postponement or cancellation of the event. No refunds or preferred treatment can be made for inclement weather or any other causes not in the control of WWAF.
read the prospectus in its entirety. Artists applying are deemed to
know and understand the information contained herein and agree to the
terms. The show reserves the right to refuse any application and rescind
an extended invitation should the artists misrepresent themselves.