About Fidelity Investments The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival
If case you do not want to share a link, here is information you can make your own or simply cut and paste:
Experience a colorful outdoor art gallery at the 18th annual Fidelity Investments The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival over the weekend of April 14-16. Set to take place in Town Green Park and along the scenic banks of The Woodlands Waterway a new pattern of ART, community, and fun emerges all weekend long!
Festival hours are Friday, April 14, 2023 1pm-5pm, Saturday, April 15, 2023 10am-6pm, and Sunday, April 16, 2023 10am-5pm.
Tickets are available online only. Get your official tickets now at www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/p/festival
Produced by The Woodlands Arts Council, the festival will include original fine art in a variety of mediums from over 200 jury-selected national and international artists including painting, drawing, clay, metal, woodworks, photography, mixed media, and jewelry, leather, and fiber, and more. Enjoy live music, entertainment, local food, beer and wine, and children's art activities for a fun family experience.
- Fidelity Investments is returning as the festival’s Title Sponsor
- The featured artist is ceramicist Cathra-Anne Barker from Santa Fe, NM
- Festival theme is “A New Pattern of Art Emerges”
- Winner of “Best Event in The Woodlands” 11 years in a row by Woodlands Online Magazine
- Ranked among the top 10 fine arts festivals in the nation
- Wine on the Lawn presented by Martha Turner Sotheby’s
- Art & Culture in Montgomery County Stage located in Artopoly with The Woodlands Children’s Museum
- Books on the Green in partnership with Village Books
- Family Art Area
- The Palette Café Stage presented by Stella Artois
- VIP Terrace Hospitality lounge
- Early Inspiration Gallery presented by the Judith K. Wren Memorial Fund
- Watercolor Terrace – where the featured artist Cathra-Anne Barker is located
Cathra-Anne Barker is a self-taught potter with 50 years of experience.
Initially a painter and a drawer, she was not satisfied with the flatness. Eventually she threw her first pot and the wheel just kept on turning.
Her work is practical and personal. There is no production work and she does everything from building kilns to mixing glazes. She is inspired by plants (the major miracle of earth), travel, hunks of fabric, song, and on and on. In the winter she forgets that something is coming and every spring a pattern emerges that surprises her.
When she is in her studio, especially when glazing, she often wonders who she is making that piece for and loves that she gets to find out.
Cathra-Anne has a great affection for the people who want to live with her pots and she hopes that when they see them they feel that along with a smile.
She and her former apprentice, now Husband, Richard Meyer share a studio in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Art Dash Party:
The Art Dash Party presented by The Woodlands Compounding Pharmacy will take place on Friday, April 14th from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. As a prelude to the festival, the highlight of the evening is the exciting 60-Second Art Dash, in which ticket holders have the opportunity to quickly dash to select a coveted original art piece donated by the festival’s artists.
Party tickets are $150 each, and the 60-Second Art Dash tickets are $250 each. Table sponsorships are available for $5,500. For more information, visit https://www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/events/2023/2023-art-dash-party
All proceeds from the festival go toward The Woodlands Arts Council Student Art Scholarship program, Microgrant program and to various other arts projects in Montgomery County.
We are truly thankful for the support from all festival sponsors, partners and volunteers!